Med Corp Instructions
State of West Virginia
West Virginia Board of Medicine
101 Dee Drive, Suite 103
Charleston, WV 25311
Medical Corporation Instructions and
Application Form to Obtain a Certificate of Authorization for a
Medical Corporation in the State of West Virginia
Applicants seeking a Certificate of Authorization for a Medical Corporation through the Board of Medicine shall provide the following:
1. A completed and signed application form.
2. Fee of $500.00 – The Board accepts credit cards, business checks, personal checks, money orders, and/or cashier’s check payable to West Virginia Board of Medicine (No portion of this fee is refundable); and
3. A copy of proposed Articles of Incorporation to be filed with Secretary of State
• The proposed name of your Medical Corporation shall contain the words “Corporation” (“Corp.”) “Incorporated” (“Inc.”), “Company” (Co.”), or “Limited” (“Ltd.”). West Virginia does not permit the authorization of “Professional Corporations” or “P.C.s.”
• Upon receipt, processing and approval of the required items, the Board will issue a “Letter of Authorization” to the West Virginia Secretary of State. When you receive a copy of this letter, you may proceed with filing your Articles of Incorporation with the Secretary of State.
• A numbered “Certificate of Authorization” will be issued after you submit to the Board a copy of the “Certificate of Incorporation” issued to you by the West Virginia Secretary of State.
A copy of Chapter 30, Article 3, Section 15 of the Code, which governs the formation and approval of a Medical Corporation, is available on our website at www.wvbom.wv.gov/medpracact.asp .